Society for Cultural Interaction in East Asia The 15th. General Assembly and The 15th. Annual Meeting 2022 ” Integration and innovation of East Asian Culture”
- [Date] May 6～7, 2023
- [Place] Balitai campus of Nankai University (94 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, P.R.China), and online panel discussion ※The schedule may be changed on the day of the meeting depending on the policy of quarantine authorities
- [Annual Meeting PDF] available in Japanese English Chinese (Simplified) Korean
As we all know, ancient East Asian countries interacted with each other with Chinese characters, Buddhism, Confucianism and legal system. In modern times, the interactions and integration of East Asian cultures with Western cultures have given birth to a rich and colorful regional culture with different characteristics. With the further advancement of globalization in the 21st century, East Asia will embrace the world with a more open attitude and create a vibrant new culture.
In view of this, the 15th East Asian Cultural Interaction Conference in 2023 will be held under the theme of “Integration and innovation of East Asian culture” and will focus on the following three major topics.
(1) The mutual integration and innovation of ancient East Asian cultures;
(2) The mutual integration and innovation of modern East Asian cultures;
(3) The mutual integration and innovation of East Asian cultures in the era of globalization;
The conference will also set up a variety of Panel themes listed as below.
2023 Fifteenth Annual Meeting of the Society for Cultural Interaction in East Asia will be held at Nankai University, a famous comprehensive research university, founded in 1919 and located in Tianjin, China. After more than 100 years of development, Nankai University has formed the characteristics of coordinated development of humanities and natural sciences, profound foundation, while emphasizing application and innovation, and was selected as one of the Chinese “Double First Class Universities” in September 2017. Nankai University has always insisted on opening to the outside world and has established and maintained academic exchanges and international cooperation with more than 320 well-known universities in more than 40 countries and regions in the world.
We look forward to your participation.
Theme of This Year
Integration and innovation of East Asian Culture
1. Chinese characters, poetry and prose as media and political diplomacy in East Asia
2. Communicating in writing and East Asian cultural Interaction
3. Confucianism, Buddhism and East Asian cultural Interaction
4. Relevant research on the history of knowledge in East Asia
5. Imperial/national/local knowledge in interaction
6. Translating and Transmitting Knowledge in Language, Literature, History and Philosophy
7. Cultural Interaction in the Arts
8. Cultural Interaction in Social Welfare Services
9. Cultural Interaction, Regional Culture and Tourism
10. Miscellaneous Topics Related to East Asian Cultural Interaction
Annual Meeting: May 6～7, 2023
Application Schedule and Announcement of Selections
Members are requested to indicate a preferred panel with their submission (see list of panels above). Those who wish to participate and publish are requested to submit the attached application form and publication summary (ca. 400 words) by the 15th of January 2023. Applications will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee for the Conference and official certificates will only be issued after approval
Application form (docx) for download;Japanese, English, Chinese (Simplified), Korean
To be determined.
To Apply for Participation, Contact:
The Organizing Committee for the 15th Annual Meeting of the Society for Cultural Interaction in East Asia: (email@example.com)
Liu Yuzhen, Vice-President (Professor, the College of Foreign Languages of Nankai University, Director of East Asian Cultural Research Center)
Yan Guodong (Professor and Director, the Faculty of Foreign Languages of Nankai University)
Pei Jiang (Professor, the Faculty of History of Nankai University,
Director of the Center for the Interdisciplinary Science of Chinese and Foreign Civilizations)
Sun Weigo (Professor, the Faculty of History of Nankai University, Director of Korean Research Center)
Liu Yuebing (Professor and Director of Japan Institute of Nankai University)
Kim Myungsoo, President (Associate Professor, Faculty of International Area Studies, Keimyung University)
Uchida Keiichi,Vice-President (Professor emeritus, Faculty of Foreign Languages, Kansai University)
Fujita Takao, Councilor (Professor, Faculty of Literature, Kansai University)
Tao De-min, Councilor (Professor emeritus, Faculty of Literature, Kansai University)
Kimura Masato, Councilor (Professor emeritus, Kanda University; Visiting Professor of Kanda University)
Shen Guowei, Secretary General (Professor, Faculty of Foreign Languages, Kansai University)
Yu Jun (Associate Professor, the Faculty of Foreign Languages of Nankai University)
Zheng Lin (Teacher, the Faculty of Foreign Languages of Nankai University)